Posted 1 month ago
Role: 1:1 Tutor for English and Maths
Salary: £15 per hour
Hours: 3 mornings per week - Flexible on days
Simply Education is seeking to appoint a Tutor to work with a student who has become disconnected with their learning and have been out of a formal learning environment at a training centre. The student is in Year 11 and has autism and suffers from anxiety.
The successful Tutor will have resilience and be able to model and promote high behaviour expectations. It is vital that you can communicate effectively and build rapport and common interests with the student to inspire and motivate them. As a functional skills tutor, you will be responsible for delivering high-quality morning sessions that focuses on functional skills in English and Maths.
- To deliver high-quality bespoke learning opportunities that focus on the students' interests and vocational studies, as well as functional skills in English and Maths.
- Support the students to become re-engaged with their learning.
- Model and promote high behaviour expectations.
- Communicate effectively and build rapport and common interests with the students to inspire and motivate them.
- To prepare the students for life beyond education
If you are interested in this tutoring position, please click 'apply now' and forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Alternatively, for an informal chat about the role please contact Robyn Doolan, SEND Recruitment Consultant at our Manchester office.
Your consultant will be in touch with you to arrange the next steps in the recruitment process. All successful applicants will be required to attend an interview (online or face-to-face) and to undergo relevant safeguarding checks, including a full application form. All candidates who register with Simply Education will also have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional pending the completion of all relevant checks.REF: RHD-TUT-1209