Posted 20 days ago
Do you have experience working with children with special education needs? Are you looking for a role where you can make a genuine difference to people’s lives? Simply Education have an excellent opportunity for a teaching assistant in the South of Manchester.
At Simply Education, we’re looking for a SEN teaching assistant to work closely with a primary school in the Fallowfield area, M14. To provide support for a child in KS1 with autism who will be going into Year 2. The school are happy to accept qualified or unqualified teaching assistants, with the preference that they have experience working with SEN children or desire to support children with additional needs.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is nurturing and who is able to build a rapport with the child and ability to manage challenging behaviour. You will be supporting the child in class, within a small group and during their playtimes.
• Autism Support within the KS1 (Year 2)
• 1:1 support
• Withdrawal work when necessary
• Full time / 5 days a week
We are looking for someone who has any of the following or transferrable skillsets:
• Has experience working with Children with Special Education Needs
• Has experience working within SEN schools
• Has strong classroom management skills
• Can close the gap in performance of pupils with special education needs or disabilities
• Can quickly build rapport with staff and students
• A professional agency with a consultant that holds your best interests as the priority
• A variety of daily, short- and long-term positions to suit your needs
• No need for completion of time sheets
• Email / SMS confirmation for all bookings
• £75 reward scheme for each Teacher you introduce
• Access to your own availability area via the Simply Education website where you can update your availability as and when required.
All candidates who register with Simply Education will have 2 years referencing taken up and will be required to have an enhanced DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
If you are interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or please call Orien Mojdeh on 0161 413 7929.REF: OSM-PRI123-CS21