Here at Simply Education, we take our compliance very seriously. With this in mind, we ensure all of our teaching staff are fully vetted, so you can rest assured that every time you book with us, we have completed the following checks:
- Face to face interview with one of our Education Recruitment Consultants who will have undergone Safer Recruitment and Safeguarding training. This interview will include completion of our online application form, analysing employment history, gaining reference details, sight of original documentation, medical history, previous employment conduct including discussion regarding any disciplinary action, or dismissals
- Full, clear 10 year employment history
- At least two satisfactory references covering a minimum of two years
- Enhanced DBS certificate, checked annually against the DBS Update Service or completion of a new DBS certificate
- Barred List check completed annually via the DBS Update Service or a new DBS certificate
- TRA (Teaching Regulation Agency) check, checked every 6 months
- Overseas Police Clearance obtained if candidate has lived/worked overseas in one country for an uninterrupted period of 6 months or more within the last 5 years
- Overseas Trained Teachers require a UK NARIC/ENIC (National Information Centre) statement of comparability for their qualifications
- Proof of address, identity, change of name, national insurance, qualifications, right to work verified
- Online Search conducted
- Safeguarding Training completed within the last 3 years
- Full explanation of Simply Education's Supply Teachers handbook including our company expectations and section one of safeguarding guidance from Keeping Children Safe In Education.
We are also members of the REC ensuring we maintain the highest levels of compliance for our schools and teaching staff. We were awarded REC Audited Education Status in December 2013 and will continue to be audited by the REC to ensure we continue to follow their audit guidance.